Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install Xcode 10 on High Sierra (10.13.6)?

Hi, I would like to install Xcode but my MacBook Pro doesn't update anymore (the latest version I have on my Mac is High Sierra 10.13.6) so I can't download the Xcode app from the App Store.

Is there a link I can use to install Xcode that is compatible with my MacBook version?

Please do not refer me to the link from Stack Overflow as this link is not clear to me. Thank you for you help

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 23, 2019 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 6:59 PM

Ah, I see, it doesn't tell you that until you click DL. :(

At this link I see it with MacOs & Dev tools checked, it just says 10...

https://developer.apple.com/download/more/

6 replies

May 23, 2019 7:35 PM in response to lpcarroll

You may have to sign up for a free Apple Developer Account in order to download Xcode 10 from the developer link that BDAqua provided — unless Apple has relaxed its access privileges for these tools.

Alternatively, If all you want is a a compilation environment for Objective-C, C++, and Swift v4.n, the Command Line Tools (macOS 10.13) for Xcode will provide that at 7GB less storage. You would then need a competent programmer's editor, and you can still build hand-coded cocoa applications. This is my preference.

How to install Xcode 10 on High Sierra (10.13.6)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.