Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every day, MacOS "forgets" my iCloud and google calendar passwords every day

Every day, MacOS "forgets" my iCloud and google calendar passwords every day. I have to go into the Internet Accounts preferences pane, click each of the 3 accounts and fill in the prompt for my password. This started happening in the last 30-days. Prior to that, I don't recall having to enter my password more than once per month.

Is there something wrong with the password vault?

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 24, 2019 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2019 10:04 AM

Open Keychain Access in Utilities, then either check the Password under that item, change it, or delete it and start over.

Enter the part after the @sign in the search bar.

You may have duplicate or more entries in Keychain Access.

If using a browser to login via WebMail works it's not Name or Password, but likely old passwords interfering.

There''ll be at least 2 entries, maybe more.

The trouble is that Mac Mail almost always chooses the old Passwords if you don't change or get rid of the old ones.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2019 10:04 AM in response to 21marc12

Open Keychain Access in Utilities, then either check the Password under that item, change it, or delete it and start over.

Enter the part after the @sign in the search bar.

You may have duplicate or more entries in Keychain Access.

If using a browser to login via WebMail works it's not Name or Password, but likely old passwords interfering.

There''ll be at least 2 entries, maybe more.

The trouble is that Mac Mail almost always chooses the old Passwords if you don't change or get rid of the old ones.

Every day, MacOS "forgets" my iCloud and google calendar passwords every day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.