Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Promo code for in-app purchase

Developer provided me promo code but there was not option to enter it while purchasing and I was charged directly on my credit card for the purchase...can someone explain how to use promo codes?

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 24, 2019 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2019 11:28 AM

Hello, you use the ‘redeem’ facility in the App Store to redeem a promo code, the same as you would for an iTunes/App Store gift card. The following help article explains the process

Redeem App Store & iTunes Gift Cards and content codes - Apple Support

You could try requesting a refund for the app you purchased, and then use the promo code, although it would be Apple’s discretion if they refund you or not.

Request a refund for an App Store or iTunes Store purchase - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2019 11:28 AM in response to Shifu6

Hello, you use the ‘redeem’ facility in the App Store to redeem a promo code, the same as you would for an iTunes/App Store gift card. The following help article explains the process

Redeem App Store & iTunes Gift Cards and content codes - Apple Support

You could try requesting a refund for the app you purchased, and then use the promo code, although it would be Apple’s discretion if they refund you or not.

Request a refund for an App Store or iTunes Store purchase - Apple Support

Promo code for in-app purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.