Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

old iMac is stuck on white screen no logo

I have an old iMac that is stuck on the white screen of death with no logo. I tried booting in safe mode but nothing. Is ther any way I can remove my info before I recycle it?

iMac Pro

Posted on May 24, 2019 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2019 10:10 AM

The next step would be to try to boot into Recovery mode. Turn your machine off, then hold the Command key and R key while you turn it on. Don't release them until you see the Recovery menu (It should only take a minute or two). If it successfully boots into recovery mode, then there is hope for your computer getting up and running again.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2019 10:10 AM in response to grandmamd

The next step would be to try to boot into Recovery mode. Turn your machine off, then hold the Command key and R key while you turn it on. Don't release them until you see the Recovery menu (It should only take a minute or two). If it successfully boots into recovery mode, then there is hope for your computer getting up and running again.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

May 24, 2019 10:31 AM in response to grandmamd

If the computer is dead but you believe the HD is okay then you can remove the HD and put it in an enclosure. You may then be able to get your data from the HD by connecting the enclosure to another Mac. If the HD is dead and you never had a backup for it, then the answer is no you are out of luck. As a rule of thumb, you should never operate any computer without a working backup plan. At a bare minimum you should be using Time Machine.

May 24, 2019 1:57 PM in response to grandmamd

How old is Your Imac?

You don´t tell my not!

The white screen of death,is not the trouble.

Year and what Mac you have and the MacOS will helpe.a lot?

Time Machine,and the enclosure,can be an, option on your Mac Problem?

I can not see why the HD shut, be dead on your iMac?

Post some more information on your Mac,and i will try to helpe you?

old iMac is stuck on white screen no logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.