Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

STUCK... - "preparing to move/copy messages"

Looking for a friend...

I recently lost my job, and consequently, can no longer access my corporate email. I have retained a number of valuable emails in the mail app; however, they're within the former exchange folders. I'm trying to migrate these messages to a newly created "on my mac" folder, but the app simples states "preparing to move messages, 1 0f 130" in the lower left corner - it's stuck! WHY? I am viewing all of these emails in the mail app, but it's seemingly unable to move them to a local folder. I would like to clear exchange from my apple mail client, but I need to retain these messages!

Please help - Thank you!

-Dusty

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 24, 2019 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2019 9:12 AM

Maybe you can try to migrate one by one, and not all 130 messages at the same time; or try to forward one by one to your own private email address. But I guess that's not possible either.

If you no longer have access to your business e-mail environment, you can no longer migrate the e-mail messages to your own folder.

Those emails are supposedly on your Mac, but in fact they are on your former employer's server.

Your business email address is no longer exists, your employer has already blocked you, understandable because you don't work there anymore.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2019 9:12 AM in response to crashwithdmb

Maybe you can try to migrate one by one, and not all 130 messages at the same time; or try to forward one by one to your own private email address. But I guess that's not possible either.

If you no longer have access to your business e-mail environment, you can no longer migrate the e-mail messages to your own folder.

Those emails are supposedly on your Mac, but in fact they are on your former employer's server.

Your business email address is no longer exists, your employer has already blocked you, understandable because you don't work there anymore.

STUCK... - "preparing to move/copy messages"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.