Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone XS problem after ios 12.3.1 sw upgrade

Hi,

after iOS 12.3.1 SW upgrade my cellular upgrade failed. My iPhone XScant make and receive calls or access data until update. I gave a masterreset to the iPhne XS, trying to activate but CAN`T. Says: "Unable to activate. An update is required to activate your iPhone. Learn more at apple.com/UK/support. or SHUTDOWN.

So how can I activate my phone again? + I want to make phonecalls also in the future...

Thank you.

M.

Posted on May 25, 2019 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2019 5:48 AM

Hello.

I guess that the only way is to update your iPhone in the recovery mode via iTunes.

1. Connect your iPhone to a computer, make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version.
  2. Press and release the volume up and then the volume down button and then press and hold the side button until you see a pop-up window on your computer that iTunes detected an iPhone in a recovery mode. If this didn't happen and your iPhone turned on, try again, iPhone's display should stay black.
  3. You will be presented with two options: update or restore.
  4. Click Update and follow the directions.

Hope it solves your issue. Please, come back with the results.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2019 5:48 AM in response to bigacsiga

Hello.

I guess that the only way is to update your iPhone in the recovery mode via iTunes.

1. Connect your iPhone to a computer, make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version.
  2. Press and release the volume up and then the volume down button and then press and hold the side button until you see a pop-up window on your computer that iTunes detected an iPhone in a recovery mode. If this didn't happen and your iPhone turned on, try again, iPhone's display should stay black.
  3. You will be presented with two options: update or restore.
  4. Click Update and follow the directions.

Hope it solves your issue. Please, come back with the results.

Iphone XS problem after ios 12.3.1 sw upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.