Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spilled drink on keyboard, keys are sticking and making it difficult to type

Hello everyone!

I have Apple Care Protection and I also purchased this Mac-book pro in 2017. I accidentally spilled Kombucha on my keys and after drying it off and making sure everything worked, there has been issues about keys somewhat sticking. I remember when I first used this laptop, there was a better flow to type. Sometimes when I type, certain letters on the screen would not show up.

Please let me know what would be some of the things under Apple Care Protection and that would be covered, and what extra expenses would I anticipate for water damage to the keyboards. Everything else is fine. It's just the keyboards that is driving me mad. Thank you so much.

x

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 25, 2019 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2019 10:44 AM

If you have AppleCare+ it will cover a large portion of accidental damage.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

AppleCare+ (similar for iPhone and iPad, each incident of accidental damage) for Mac will carry its own price tag. Screen damage or “external enclosure damage” will run $99 per incident, while other damage, including water damage, will run $299. Users receive coverage of two incidents under AppleCare+, and after the two incidents have been used up, out-of-warratny replacement rates will apply

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2019 10:44 AM in response to deysi176

If you have AppleCare+ it will cover a large portion of accidental damage.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

AppleCare+ (similar for iPhone and iPad, each incident of accidental damage) for Mac will carry its own price tag. Screen damage or “external enclosure damage” will run $99 per incident, while other damage, including water damage, will run $299. Users receive coverage of two incidents under AppleCare+, and after the two incidents have been used up, out-of-warratny replacement rates will apply

Spilled drink on keyboard, keys are sticking and making it difficult to type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.