Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone when connected using HDMI to Sony tv ,comes up "out of range"

Hi all i tried to connect my iphone 6s plus (iOS 12.3)using apple lightning digital av adaptor, which i connect to HDMI cable and into the back of the tv and i connect the lightning power cable to it as well so i have my phone charging.My tv is a Sony Bravia ( a few years old so its not a smart tv). I have 1 old HDMI cable and i tried that in all of the 3 HDMI ports and nothing ,so i tried 2 of my newer HDMI cables and still the same ,it comes up on tv screen "out of range".

So i thought i would try my iPad mini 5 (2019 256GB) and guess what .... it works on all HDMI cables and in all 3 HDMI ports ,i checked my movies ,music and was all working well .

So does anyone know where i am going wrong?(My last iPad (pro) worked well and all 3 HDMI cables worked as well).I tried unplugging my power cable from the iphone and still nothing.I know that it worked well months ago ,so i thought maybe its because of the recent update but my iphone has the same iOS as my iPad mini ??? Any advice would be appreciated .Thanks all .

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 25, 2019 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2019 3:37 PM

So it seems i charged my iphone for a bit ,in the meantime i was checking the tv display settings for example "smart/wide " so i put the display to smart and connected my HDMI with apple lightning adaptor to iphone and guess what .... it worked ,so i tired the tv display to "wide" and it worked.So i guess it was just the tv display settings that needed to be adjusted or my iphone needed charged up .Guess i am one who just keeps trying until i solve it ,but if anyone has any answers then please let me know .Thanks

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2019 3:37 PM in response to madforit73

So it seems i charged my iphone for a bit ,in the meantime i was checking the tv display settings for example "smart/wide " so i put the display to smart and connected my HDMI with apple lightning adaptor to iphone and guess what .... it worked ,so i tired the tv display to "wide" and it worked.So i guess it was just the tv display settings that needed to be adjusted or my iphone needed charged up .Guess i am one who just keeps trying until i solve it ,but if anyone has any answers then please let me know .Thanks

iphone when connected using HDMI to Sony tv ,comes up "out of range"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.