Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

computer does not recognize my ipod nano

My new computer does not recognize my Ipod Nano.

iPod Nano (6th Gen)

Posted on May 25, 2019 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2019 4:45 PM

I'm having the same problem with iTunes not recognizing a nano. However, the nano that is not recognized is my husband's. Mine, the exact same as his, as well as my iPod Touch are both recognized and work fine.

I am using the same computer, the same USB cable, but it will not recognize his device. Any ideas?

Thank you

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2019 4:45 PM in response to rose_10

I'm having the same problem with iTunes not recognizing a nano. However, the nano that is not recognized is my husband's. Mine, the exact same as his, as well as my iPod Touch are both recognized and work fine.

I am using the same computer, the same USB cable, but it will not recognize his device. Any ideas?

Thank you

May 26, 2019 12:25 PM in response to morgan5050

Hello morgan5050,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are having an issue connecting your iPod with your computer. I'm happy to provide you some information.

Here is a resource that can assist you:

If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If you are still having issues after reviewing the article, please let me know. Also, can you tell me what type of computer you are using? If you are getting an error message. What is the exact error message?

Have a great day!

computer does not recognize my ipod nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.