Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch showing full green screen

My apple watch is showing full green screen and not able to fix it. I have contacted apple service center and they said that this may be a hardware problem and they cannot service it. Instead I need to replace the watch itself. The amount to replace the watch is 20000 Indian Rupees. Actual watch cost is almost same as above mentioned amount. I believe this could be an issue with the display, because the actual screen was coming intermittently. Unfortunately warranty period got expired in last February. I am not sure what should I do for this. Why apple is releasing something where the product need to be completely replaced while it had some small hardware issue.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on May 25, 2019 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2019 9:22 AM

Today I tried fresh setup not from the backup. Still it have same problem. One thing i noticed that during the time of setup, it had the normal screen and no issues were there, but once I finished the setup it turned to green screen.

Similar questions

8 replies

May 28, 2019 8:36 AM in response to jintomon

You might want to wipe it clean and start all over again.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Don't load the backup. It will be a minor PIA reconfiguring the watch but the data is safe (it's duplicated in the iPhone).

Set up and pair Apple Watch with iPhone - Apple Support

May 26, 2019 4:07 AM in response to jintomon

You mention the word “small” and that is the reason an Apple Watch can’t be repaired outside Apple’s central repair facility. Everything is miniature, it is integrated onto one circuit board and just too small for field repair so Apple has determined the only practical solution is a service exchange device. Your watch is out of warranty so you have to accept the standard non-warranty exchange pricing.

That is the reality of ultra compact electronics.

May 26, 2019 5:35 AM in response to jintomon

It is pointless to be disappointed. I suspect there may be only one or two service facilities worldwide which are certified to handle full reconditioning for a defective Apple Watch, including renewal of water resistance to make the reconditioned device “like new”. If that level of cover is what Apple has determined to be adequate and economic to maintain we can’t argue with their informed decision, and it does allow proper control over quality of work which would be almost impossible with dozens of facilities spread around the world.

Oh... and even if you lived in the same street as the repair facility you would still get the same answer in your local Apple Store.

Apple watch showing full green screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.