Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

split screen view

OS Mojave 10.14.

Split view is not working on my imac. I have safari and a document from numbers, I click the green button on one app to go to split screen view but nothing happens. In mission control the displays have separate spaces selected. Can anybody help?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 26, 2019 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2019 11:54 PM

SpeechSynthesisServer is included in my Macs Login items and I think by default is included in all Macs Login Items. It is perhaps the fact that you restarted your Mac that has cleared your earlier problems, had you not restarted your Mac when you first discovered the problem with Split Screen.

If you want to add it back in, it lives here in this path.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2019 11:54 PM in response to Roger24

SpeechSynthesisServer is included in my Macs Login items and I think by default is included in all Macs Login Items. It is perhaps the fact that you restarted your Mac that has cleared your earlier problems, had you not restarted your Mac when you first discovered the problem with Split Screen.

If you want to add it back in, it lives here in this path.

May 26, 2019 10:48 PM in response to dialabrain

Hello, as well as the split screen problem I also had a problem with my e-mail account. the thunderbolt symbol kept appearing.

To cut a long story short this is what I have done.

I reset my router and the thunderbolts disappeared. The split screen problem was still there. I went into system prefs and clicked the user accounts. In the log in items section was this 'SpeechSynthesisServer' application. I removed it from the log in items, restarted the iMac and the split screen is now working and the e-mails seem to be OK. Any idea what 'SpeechSynthesisServer' application is? have I been hacked?

Thanks for your help.

Roger

split screen view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.