Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone

I want to erase my iphone 6, but keep the pictures I have. And if I erase my phone will it also erase my ipad and macbook air?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on May 26, 2019 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2019 9:49 AM

If you have anything on the device you want to keep, then download it to a computer before erasing the iPhone.

If the Photos are synced to iCloud and other devices using iCloud Photo Library, then just sign out of iCloud on the iPhone before erasing it.

Do not erase content manually from the iPhone, as any content you erase manually that is synced to iCloud will be erased from iCloud, and other devices accessing that iCloud account.

Follow the steps here to erase the iPhone: How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Erasing 1 device as explained above, will not erase others, or remove any data from other devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2019 9:49 AM in response to Heaven-is-beautiful

If you have anything on the device you want to keep, then download it to a computer before erasing the iPhone.

If the Photos are synced to iCloud and other devices using iCloud Photo Library, then just sign out of iCloud on the iPhone before erasing it.

Do not erase content manually from the iPhone, as any content you erase manually that is synced to iCloud will be erased from iCloud, and other devices accessing that iCloud account.

Follow the steps here to erase the iPhone: How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Erasing 1 device as explained above, will not erase others, or remove any data from other devices.

iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.