Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freezing

Hello all..I’m in need of some real help..I just recently upgraded to the XR. However i have had the biggest problem with both the X and XR freezing on me and im really thinking its not the phones and maybe something more internal. First time i received the X i got a replacement not even a month later because the first one was freezing only to find out the replacement kept freezing as well. i just stuck it out until upgrade time got the XR and I be darn if this doesn’t freeze too! Im trying my best not to result to resetting the phone completely but this is coming real close my patience is THIN now..3 phones no relief..this is a bummer..HELP PLEASE

Posted on May 26, 2019 1:49 PM

4 replies

May 26, 2019 2:28 PM in response to JasFarm

FYI: These are user-only forums. Apple is not here. Thank you for your understanding and support. Should you need further help: Contact Apple Customer and Support Service.

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  3. To contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

May 26, 2019 3:29 PM in response to JasFarm

Given that you've had three phones, all of which exhibit the same issue, would seem to point to one or more apps that aren't playing nice with the iOS, rather than a hardware issue. That begs the question, did you setup the 2nd phone from a backup of the 1st, and a backup of the 2nd, to setup the 3rd? If so, try erasing the phone and set it up as new, without restoring it from a backup, as suggested in the following article, however, try the other solutions first.

iPhone Frozen? Here’s What to Do If Your iPhone Keeps Freezing - iPhoneLife

Freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.