Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managing iPhones email

i have my home computer to delete the email received on that Mac, but anything I received on my phone earlier stays unless I delete it. Is there a setting that will clear out any old emails on my phone that I have already seen from my computer.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 27, 2019 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 10:26 AM

Sounds like the mail account that you have is setup as POP, since deleting mail on the computer does not sync with the iPhone. Check with your email provider to see if they support IMAP. If they do, then remove the account from the iPhone and set it up again as an IMAP account. You may also wish to verify that the account on the Mac is also setup as IMAP.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2019 10:26 AM in response to Jon Lopiano

Sounds like the mail account that you have is setup as POP, since deleting mail on the computer does not sync with the iPhone. Check with your email provider to see if they support IMAP. If they do, then remove the account from the iPhone and set it up again as an IMAP account. You may also wish to verify that the account on the Mac is also setup as IMAP.

Managing iPhones email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.