Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit Automations Stopped Working in iOS 12.3

Have four HomePods running 12.3 and three Apple TVs running 12.4 b3. Everything is up to date.

All HomeKit Automations have stopped working. Seems to have coincided with the HomePod 12.3 update.

Have Hue, WeMo and iHome devices.

Restarted and reset HomePods and AppleTVs. WiFi is rock solid with zero issues.

Manual control in HomeKit, Hue etc works fine. “Test this Automation” works properly. Automations have been disabled > saved > enabled > saved.

Automations have functioned fairly perfectly for the past two years.

Please help me solve this before my wife kills me.

Thanks!

Posted on May 28, 2019 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2019 11:26 AM

• Theres a factory reset button for the Hue .bridge you could do( but that will erase everything.
  • Have you updated all the hue, lights and bridge though? You will need the Philips .hue app to perform those tasks.
  • The Hue app needs an update as well (if you already had it)

Philips Hue by Signify Netherlands B.V.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/philips-hue/id1055281310?mt=8

I’m not familiar with the others but do check they’re not also in need of software updates

• You can also try just unplugging the HomePod, then plug right back in

other than all that, you might need to remove them all and start over

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2019 11:26 AM in response to Ophishal

• Theres a factory reset button for the Hue .bridge you could do( but that will erase everything.
  • Have you updated all the hue, lights and bridge though? You will need the Philips .hue app to perform those tasks.
  • The Hue app needs an update as well (if you already had it)

Philips Hue by Signify Netherlands B.V.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/philips-hue/id1055281310?mt=8

I’m not familiar with the others but do check they’re not also in need of software updates

• You can also try just unplugging the HomePod, then plug right back in

other than all that, you might need to remove them all and start over

May 28, 2019 11:31 AM in response to Vancouver22

Thanks for the tips.

Everything is current and updated regarding the Hue bridge and individual lights. This is definitely a HomeKit issue as it is across the board with Hue, WeMo and iHome as all three products are now not working with automations.

This all popped up directly after installed the iOS 12.3 on HomePod (which is the highest version available, hoping a 12.3.1 is around the corner...)

All automations had been working correctly until 12.3.

I've unplugged and reset all four HomePods and AppleTVs already.

I will delete all the automations and create new ones tonight and see what happens (as suggested by a Reddit user).

Thanks!

HomeKit Automations Stopped Working in iOS 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.