You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I convert to Numbers(version 6.0) from Excel (for Mac 2011)?

I am tired to see the alert letting me know that Excel needs to be updated and it is not going to work anymore with my Mac and it takes forever to open.

I am using an iMac 21" 2013, with OS Mojave.

Does anyone can help me to convert my excel spreadsheets to numbers without losing any settings?

Thank you.

iMac 21", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 28, 2019 2:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2019 4:45 PM

The conversion won't be perfect, as Numbers has its own unique design and doesn't try to be an Excel clone.

However, with Numbers open, simply go to File > Open in the menu and navigate to an Excel document to open it. Numbers will then try to import the Excel document and give you messages where it has trouble, so you can any necessary adjustments to formulas.

That works well in many cases. If that doesn't yield satisfactory results (perhaps you have to collaborate frequently with Excel users and send documents back and forth) then you will find that the latest Excel runs very well on the Mac. I use both.

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2019 4:45 PM in response to eric_chet

The conversion won't be perfect, as Numbers has its own unique design and doesn't try to be an Excel clone.

However, with Numbers open, simply go to File > Open in the menu and navigate to an Excel document to open it. Numbers will then try to import the Excel document and give you messages where it has trouble, so you can any necessary adjustments to formulas.

That works well in many cases. If that doesn't yield satisfactory results (perhaps you have to collaborate frequently with Excel users and send documents back and forth) then you will find that the latest Excel runs very well on the Mac. I use both.

SG

How do I convert to Numbers(version 6.0) from Excel (for Mac 2011)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.