Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls being “answered on another device”

I wanted to re-open a forum about this because it never had a conclusive/solvent ending. I have recently started having my phone calls on my IPhone 8 “answered on another device” of some stranger. I’ve already called Apple about this and they told me to call Verizon because they didn’t know how to fix it. I believe I’ve seen others with different carriers that are having the same problem. I’ve really tried all I can in terms of deactivating different things on my phone.

iPhone 8 Plus, 12

Posted on May 28, 2019 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2019 8:10 AM

I turned my iCloud off. And I have turned off ‘allow calls on other devices’. I am not sharing an Apple ID with anyone and have recently changed my password. I actually just called myself using someone else’s phone and reached the girl that has been receiving my phone calls.

8 replies

May 29, 2019 8:42 AM in response to Brandilion

Brandilion wrote:

I turned my iCloud off. And I have turned off ‘allow calls on other devices’. I am not sharing an Apple ID with anyone and have recently changed my password. I actually just called myself using someone else’s phone and reached the girl that has been receiving my phone calls.

This has nothing to do with iCloud. If you're having trouble turning off call forwarding, call Verizon Customer Service at 800-922-0204.

May 29, 2019 6:35 AM in response to Brandilion

Brandilion wrote:

i believe my iCloud is turned off

Why do you believe this? How was it turned off?

If you go to Settings->Phone->Calls on Other Devices, are there other devices their turned on?

Again, are you sharing an iCloud account with any one?

What things have you tried exactly? if only so we don't suggest those things again to you.

May 29, 2019 6:37 AM in response to Brandilion

Brandilion wrote:

I wanted to re-open a forum about this because it never had a conclusive/solvent ending. I have recently started having my phone calls on my IPhone 8 “answered on another device” of some stranger. I’ve already called Apple about this and they told me to call Verizon because they didn’t know how to fix it. I believe I’ve seen others with different carriers that are having the same problem. I’ve really tried all I can in terms of deactivating different things on my phone.

I believe Apple is correct and this is a Verizon issue. It sounds as if you have either Call Forwarding or Conditional Call Forwarding (No Answer/Busy/Transfer) enabled on your phone. See these instructions to turn it off:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-17268/

Calls being “answered on another device”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.