Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch playlists are different from iTunes

When I play the "Music" app on my Apple Watch, and want to select a playlist, what I see is a list of playlists which doesn't match the list of playlists on my iTunes, iPhone, nor iPad. It is missing every playlist that is in a playlist folder, and has some playlists that I used to have on my iTunes. I don't know where it gets its list of playlists.

This confusion may be associated to my Apple Music subscription (I will create another post trying to clear some misunderstandings there). My iPhone and iPad have "iCloud Music Library is On" checked, and they show far fewer songs than I have on iTunes.

Why doesn't my Apple Watch show the same playlists that my other devices show?

Posted on May 28, 2019 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2019 5:01 PM

This might help....https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204691

Similar questions

2 replies

May 28, 2019 6:40 PM in response to julieda

That shows how to add or subtract a couple of playlists that apparently get loaded into the Apple Watch, as I can run out of memory if I add too much. But when I play the Music app on my Apple Watch, I see lots of playlists, either in my Library, or on my iPhone. Some of these playlists are Apple Music playlists, some are playlists I have on my iTunes, and some I *used* to have on my iPhone. None are in a sub-folder in my iTunes.

Apparently these are not on my Apple Watch, but what my Apple Watch can grab from my iPhone or my (cloud?) library.

Apple Watch playlists are different from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.