Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't approve new iPhone

My old iPhone got destroyed but when i purchased new one, it doesn't allow me to approve the new one, since it has to be done by the old one. I also tried to erase it from my iCloud account but in order to have this done i have to turn on my old iPhone and try to use internet, which is impossible.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on May 28, 2019 8:10 PM

2 replies

May 29, 2019 12:58 AM in response to nmyshka

If you lost the trusted device or phone number associated with your Apple ID

As long as you still have your Recovery Key and remember your Apple ID password, you can sign in and add a new trusted device or phone number to your account. You can also remove any devices you may have lost, sold, or given away.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
  2. On the Verify Your Identity screen, select "Can’t access your trusted devices?"
  3. In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key.
  4. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

Remove the device you no longer wish to use to verify your identity. If you have additional devices with Find My iPhone enabled, you can verify them as trusted devices. You can also add additional trusted phone numbers.

If you lost your Recovery Key

As long as you remember your Apple ID password and still have access to one of your trusted devices, you can sign in and create a new Recovery Key.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Security section, click Edit > Replace Lost Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account.

If you can't sign in with two-step verification using your Apple ID ...

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT202649

can't approve new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.