Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Music

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with deleting music off of my apple music app. I have tried multiple times to delete it, and the music just won't go away. I would delete songs one by one, but have over a thousand.

I have already tried going to setting --> General --> Iphone storage --> Music --> Delete all songs. It does not work. I tried it over three times already. I also tried deleting the whole app including it's data, and once I reinstall it, it all just downloads again.

I have the iphone xs max, if anyone could help that would be wonderful.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on May 28, 2019 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2019 1:03 AM

Delete music and music videos

• You can delete songs, albums, playlists, and music videos that you downloaded to your device. If you see a download icon  next to an item, the item is stored in the cloud, and not on your device.

Delete items in the Apple Music app

You can delete single items in the Music app on your iOS device or the Apple Music app on your Android device.

1. In the Apple Music app, find the item that you want to delete. If you see  next to the item, the item is stored in the cloud, not on your device. When items are stored in the cloud, they don't use any storage on your device.
  2. Press and hold the item that you want to delete.
  3. In the menu that appears, tap Remove.
  4. When prompted to confirm, tap either Remove Download or Remove Downloads. If you see "Delete from Library," you added the item through Apple Music. Tap "Delete from Library" to remove it from all of your devices and iCloud Music Library.

Delete items in iTunes

1. In iTunes on a Mac or PC, right-click or Control-click the item that you want to delete. If you see  next to the item, the item is stored in the cloud, not on your device. When items are stored in the cloud, they don't use any storage on your device.
  2. Choose Delete from Library, then click Delete Song.
  3. Click Move to Trash or Move to Recycle Bin. Or if you want to keep the item on your computer but remove it from iTunes, click Keep File.

To see duplicates in your iTunes library, go to your Library, then choose File > Library > Show Duplicate Items.

Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204343

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2019 1:03 AM in response to prodigyx_

Delete music and music videos

• You can delete songs, albums, playlists, and music videos that you downloaded to your device. If you see a download icon  next to an item, the item is stored in the cloud, and not on your device.

Delete items in the Apple Music app

You can delete single items in the Music app on your iOS device or the Apple Music app on your Android device.

1. In the Apple Music app, find the item that you want to delete. If you see  next to the item, the item is stored in the cloud, not on your device. When items are stored in the cloud, they don't use any storage on your device.
  2. Press and hold the item that you want to delete.
  3. In the menu that appears, tap Remove.
  4. When prompted to confirm, tap either Remove Download or Remove Downloads. If you see "Delete from Library," you added the item through Apple Music. Tap "Delete from Library" to remove it from all of your devices and iCloud Music Library.

Delete items in iTunes

1. In iTunes on a Mac or PC, right-click or Control-click the item that you want to delete. If you see  next to the item, the item is stored in the cloud, not on your device. When items are stored in the cloud, they don't use any storage on your device.
  2. Choose Delete from Library, then click Delete Song.
  3. Click Move to Trash or Move to Recycle Bin. Or if you want to keep the item on your computer but remove it from iTunes, click Keep File.

To see duplicates in your iTunes library, go to your Library, then choose File > Library > Show Duplicate Items.

Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204343

Deleting Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.