Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos won't open on Quicktime Player on my iMac that were taken from my iphone 10x

This just started happening on my Late 2013 mac with Quicktime player version 10.4. Any ideas on what may be the problem?

Running this configuration:

Posted on May 29, 2019 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2019 1:16 AM

Your phone may be recording in a newer format that is not compatible with the software on your Mac (H.265 HEVC vs. H.264 AVC).

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

• You can from now on record in a more compatible format. Settings﹥Camera﹥Formats﹥Most Compatible (instead of High Efficiency).
  • You can have the importing software ask the iPhone to convert on the fly when syncing. Settings﹥Photos (Yes, even for video)﹥Transfer to Mac or PC﹥Automatic. (“Keep Originals” is a bit misleading, as the originals stay where they are in both options; it only affects importing.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2019 1:16 AM in response to MacDaddyApple

Your phone may be recording in a newer format that is not compatible with the software on your Mac (H.265 HEVC vs. H.264 AVC).

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

• You can from now on record in a more compatible format. Settings﹥Camera﹥Formats﹥Most Compatible (instead of High Efficiency).
  • You can have the importing software ask the iPhone to convert on the fly when syncing. Settings﹥Photos (Yes, even for video)﹥Transfer to Mac or PC﹥Automatic. (“Keep Originals” is a bit misleading, as the originals stay where they are in both options; it only affects importing.)

Videos won't open on Quicktime Player on my iMac that were taken from my iphone 10x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.