Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time stuck at 09:41

Ever since updated to 12.3.1 Whenever I connect my iPhone X to my MacBook Pro, the time in the overhead banner on my iPhone X switches from whatever time it actually is to 09:41 and it remains stuck there until I disconnect.. The phone knows the correct time (when I try and change it in settings or on lock screen) but I can't get rid of that overhead 9:41! It does this a few times. I just spent close to 90 minutes on the phone with support doing a full factory reinstall but it still shows the same time. My wife has an iPhone 6s also running 12.3.1 (We ran our updates at the same time) does not have this issue. Anyone else seeing this?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on May 30, 2019 8:13 PM

12 replies

May 31, 2019 8:09 AM in response to Jay1117

Although using the “Erase All Content and Settings” from the device itself (Settings>General>Reset) does puts the device back to factory (or back to out-of-the-box), it leaves alone the current iOS, so if the issue exists within the iOS itself it will still be present.

I much prefer to use iTunes when trying to resolve issues of this nature because then everything is refreshed, including the iOS itself, and if you setup as “New” you don’t even run the risk of importing the issue back.

Try following this and see what happens, but remember you want iTunes to download a fresh ipsw file so go to ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates and remove any existing ones.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

This article also explains the location of the iTunes downloaded ipsw file for various OS’s.

http://osxdaily.com/2010/12/08/ipsw-file-location-mac-and-windows/

Hope some of this helps.

May 31, 2019 5:14 AM in response to Jay1117

The phone also stops putting all audio once I connect it to the Mac. I was talking to support, they had me connect the phone, as soon as I plugged it in, all the sound went dead and I could no longer hear the tech. The microphone must be affected because she said that she was still able to hear me during that time. This is so weird.

May 31, 2019 5:50 AM in response to Jay1117

Can’t say I’ve experienced any of the issues you describe and I have both my X and iPad Mini 2 on 12.3.1

You state a “full factory reinstall” makes no difference, I take it that was a Restore as New via iTunes and not the “Erase” process from the device itself.

I did have an issue updating my iPad this time round though, it basically stopped mid-update via iTunes with an error message which I’ve never had happen before. The result was having to put the device into Recovery Mode and try the update process again which also failed.

In the end I rebooted the iMac, forced iTunes to re-download another copy of the iOS update, changed the computer port used and employed a different cable, after all that the update was successful.

Although the above doesn’t help with your direct question you may wish to try a Restore again but ensuring you first have a fresh iOS update, use a different port and cable and don’t use any backup until you have confirmed what’s happening.

Can’t think of anything else at the moment, because a Restore as New should resolve if the issue is software related and as long as the iOS file used for said restore doesn’t inject the problem in some way.

May 31, 2019 5:57 AM in response to SiHancox

No, it was not a restore from iTunes. I have never restored a phone from a backup. I've always preferred to start fresh when I must rebuild a phone just to avoid the chance of some glitch being reinjected. It was from the device itself. And yes, the phone is running OS 12.3.1 and the Ma is running OS 10.14.5. It all started with that most recent iOS update.

May 31, 2019 10:03 AM in response to Jay1117

I think you are at the point of considering a visit to your nearest Apple Store so they can test the hardware, because you have done all that’s available to a user and it’s made no difference.

Although the issue coincided with an update it’s not impossible for it still to be hardware related, so Apple would be best placed to try and diagnose that possibility.

There is one other Restore method available but it’s not recommended by Apple so I will not link to any articles, namely putting the device into DFU Mode, as well as replacing the OS it restores the devices firmware. Do a search and read up on it.

But failing that there isn’t much else you can try because as said before a Restore as New should put things back to “out of the box” status.

Just to confirm you did use a “new” ipsw file for the iTunes option ie you allowed iTunes to download a fresh version before it updated your X.

All out of ideas I’m afraid, book a Genius appointment and spend an hour or two looking round the Apple Store while they check over your X would be my last suggestion.

Time stuck at 09:41

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.