Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add a second apple tv

can I use a router extender and then add a second apple tv in another room?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on May 31, 2019 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2019 8:24 AM

If you have a weak Internet signal in the other room, sure you can add an extender. However if you have a strong signal, on extender is not necessary. I have 4 Apple TVs in my house and all work off of the same Internet signal. As my house is long and the router is on one end of the house I had weak signals on the opposite side of the house. I tried an extender however it was inadequate for my needs. If you run into a similar situation you should look into installing a Mesh Network into your house. I ended up with the Google Mesh network, it has been working flawlessly for months.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2019 8:24 AM in response to jdaniel87

If you have a weak Internet signal in the other room, sure you can add an extender. However if you have a strong signal, on extender is not necessary. I have 4 Apple TVs in my house and all work off of the same Internet signal. As my house is long and the router is on one end of the house I had weak signals on the opposite side of the house. I tried an extender however it was inadequate for my needs. If you run into a similar situation you should look into installing a Mesh Network into your house. I ended up with the Google Mesh network, it has been working flawlessly for months.

add a second apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.