You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot set up canon TS5060 printer wirelessly with my Mac 32 bit incompatible

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 31, 2019 6:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2019 7:34 AM

You are running macOS 10.13.4 or later and it is issuing an obscure optimization dialog that is really Apple telling you to plan for macOS 10.15 which won't support 32-bit printer drivers. High Sierra and Mojave continue to support compatible 32-bit applications and drivers.

The Canon TS5060 printer drivers support page shows the same drivers and support software for 10.13 and 10.14. After you install this software, you will need to reset the print system to access the new drivers.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2019 7:34 AM in response to leonie144

You are running macOS 10.13.4 or later and it is issuing an obscure optimization dialog that is really Apple telling you to plan for macOS 10.15 which won't support 32-bit printer drivers. High Sierra and Mojave continue to support compatible 32-bit applications and drivers.

The Canon TS5060 printer drivers support page shows the same drivers and support software for 10.13 and 10.14. After you install this software, you will need to reset the print system to access the new drivers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.