Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring music between Ipod Nanos

How can I transfer music from One Ipod Nano Generation 7 to another Ipod Nano Generation 7?

Posted on May 31, 2019 5:01 PM

7 replies

May 31, 2019 5:33 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Hi, I thought I read there was third party software available to transfer from one Ipod to another? Now transferring music from my computer to another Ipod could be done connecting the Ipod with the music to Itunes, then sending the music to the blank Ipod? I also have my current Ipod tunes in files on my Mac, so I assume I can also send the music files to the blank Ipod? I prefer sending music from one Ipod to another to keep the files in order if possible.

Jul 3, 2019 1:48 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

So you are saying I would not be able to send the playlists in my old Ipod to my new blank Ipod after syncing them? When I click on "Summary" option, would I be able to sync those? Also after syncing my old Ipod, would I be able to send all of my songs 1,400 of them without having to individually selecting each song? Thanks again for your help.

Tom

Jul 3, 2019 2:10 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I have some of them in my Library (with my Ipod disconnected), but when I reconnect it, can I also move my play lists into the Library? If so then it sounds like I would be able to sync all of them? Like I mentioned all of my playlists appear in the "Summary". If so can I also sync them and move them to "Library"? Thanks again for your help.

Transferring music between Ipod Nanos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.