Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro from 2018 not 2019.

Just bought a MacBook Pro. Got home to do the updates and downloading from the iCloud. I noticed with doing the software updates Apple sold me the MacBook Pro from 2018 not 2019. Is there anything I can do to get the 2019 model?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 31, 2019 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2019 5:56 PM

Adj12 said:

Apple sold me the MacBook Pro from 2018 not 2019. Is there anything I can do to get the 2019 model?

Contact Apple about this ASAP, and proceed from there, as necessary.

Contacting Apple

Contact Us - Choose Locations

USA: 1(800)MY-APPLE

2 replies

May 31, 2019 5:36 PM in response to Adj12

MacBook Pro and other Macs are named for the year they are released, not the year they are sold. The current Mac Pro desktop, for example, is the 2013 Mac Pro.

If you bought direct from Apple, you have 14 days from receipt to return or exchange for full value. Only in the same country, but at any Apple-owned outlet. Hong Kong and Singapore do not offer free return/exchange.

If you bought from a Reseller, possibly at a different price, the Reseller's policies apply. Apple will be happy to repair such a computer, but Apple will not swap a computer obtained from a Reseller under any circumstances.

MacBook Pro from 2018 not 2019.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.