Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change email

Hi anyone help I’m lost

I have a email I was using and I will no longer have access after July 5th 2019 to that email.

I wanted to set it to my gmail and it tells me for my Apple ID NOW I think years ago I had it set to that but truly don’t recall, can I delete and add or find a resolution myself....

THANKS

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 2:00 AM

If the address you want to use has been associated with an Apple ID in any way in the past, at least within the last year or so, you can't re-use it. This includes it being a contact or rescue address, or the 'trusted number' for authentication. You will need to use another email address - a free one will do: then perhaps at a later stage the one you want to use may become free if you make sure it's not still associated with an ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2019 2:00 AM in response to Cairnsy7

If the address you want to use has been associated with an Apple ID in any way in the past, at least within the last year or so, you can't re-use it. This includes it being a contact or rescue address, or the 'trusted number' for authentication. You will need to use another email address - a free one will do: then perhaps at a later stage the one you want to use may become free if you make sure it's not still associated with an ID.

Change email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.