Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come Storage on iTunes and iPhone show 2 different things?

Hello,

I have updates my iPhone 6s, with 64GB hard drive, to IOS 12.3.1, and as you can see in the photo, my storage on the phone and in iTunes differ, I have reset all content twice but nothing happened.

Can anybody help please?

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 9:14 AM

Thank you for your respond, however I had this problem for almost 24 hours. after several times reseting my phone and not be able to delete my contents on iPhone, I faced with another problem-my system storage raised for another 2GB on itself!

I did hard reset and while reseting I skipped all the steps offline(I took out my sim even), and my iTunes recognized that this phone was sync with my apple ID and ask if I want to restore or update, I chose both and after 15minutes my phone storage and system storage was emptied and my phone is ready to use again!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2019 9:14 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your respond, however I had this problem for almost 24 hours. after several times reseting my phone and not be able to delete my contents on iPhone, I faced with another problem-my system storage raised for another 2GB on itself!

I did hard reset and while reseting I skipped all the steps offline(I took out my sim even), and my iTunes recognized that this phone was sync with my apple ID and ask if I want to restore or update, I chose both and after 15minutes my phone storage and system storage was emptied and my phone is ready to use again!

Jun 1, 2019 7:10 AM in response to sanAMeli

1. Wait for a while for your iPhone to refresh itself. Give it a minute, at least, to gather all the information. It seems you have come to iPhone Storage space after a lot of activities. Please wait for while in the same page you will see the difference
  2. Similarly after connecting to iTunes wait for a while.

You will see them matching

Good Luck!

How come Storage on iTunes and iPhone show 2 different things?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.