Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting a Playlist from iTunes

How do I delete a playlist from my iTunes Library. I've used the Delete key and it doesn't work. I've also highlighted the Playlist, pressed Control and mouse but no "Delete" appears in options.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 12:08 PM

Click Library near the top centre of the iTunes window if not already selected. Then select the menu item View > Show Sidebar if it is available. Right-click the playlist name in the sidebar. You should get a different set of options. Alternatively if you see a circle with three dots inside you can try clicking that for options.

tt2

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2019 12:08 PM in response to garfee

Click Library near the top centre of the iTunes window if not already selected. Then select the menu item View > Show Sidebar if it is available. Right-click the playlist name in the sidebar. You should get a different set of options. Alternatively if you see a circle with three dots inside you can try clicking that for options.

tt2

Jun 1, 2019 11:48 AM in response to turingtest2

I am running version 12.9.5.5 on iTunes and version 10.14.5 on my Mac. The Mac is running OSMojave.

The playlist is stored in Music but is a playlist I no longer want. There are a couple of playlists I'd like to delete.

The pop-up menu options are:

Play

Shuffle (the name of my playlist)

Play Next

Play Later

_________

Open in New Window

Deleting a Playlist from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.