You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMini UDRIVE iOS Flash Drive

I have a iMini UDRIVE iOS Flash Drive and it is not working. When I plug it in it gives me an alert "Accessary initialization failed, please contact your dealer for more information". Initially it worked and then the next time I tried to use it, it asked me to connect to a Mega U-drive. I said to ignore. and it seemed to work ok again. However, the additional images I stored did not show up on the drive when transferring the images to my Mac. When I tried to look at the stored images back on my iphone, it gave me this alert message and shows no external storage. Neither my ipad nor my iphone reads the imini drive now. Please help.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 9:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 10:12 PM

Seems clear that this device is either defective or incompatible able.

I suggest returning it to its place of purchase.

alert "Accessary initialization failed, please contact your dealer for more information".

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 4, 2019 9:52 AM in response to LACAllen

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately my husband bought it for me around Christmas time, but did not give it to me till my birthday. He does not remember where he got it. However, we ran it through Disk Utility and the Verify showed an error in the FAT32. We clicked the Repair button and Verify showed clean. Now it works. We still don't know the cause but I am closing the app on my iphone before removing it, to be safe. Since we eject it on the Mac, it seems prudent to close it as cleanly as possible on the mobile devices. Thanks again. bb

iMini UDRIVE iOS Flash Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.