Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano 7 screen glitch

Hi Apple community,

About a year ago I found my old iPod nano 7th generation and it was acting fine. Then about a week later I set my 1st gen Air Pods case down on it and walked away for a couple of minutes. When I came back about half of the screen looked like it was covered in a transparent coffee spill. I tried turning it off and back on again, resetting it and even iTunes erase for it and nothing worked. Also, you can see the spot on the screen when it is on but not when it is off. Is there a way to fix this or do you think I should just scrap it and stop wasting my time?

Thanks,

iPod Nano (7th Gen)

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 9:11 AM

Hi Alex_Oreo,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It sounds like your iPod nano has a malfunctioning screen. Since you restored it through iTunes and still see the issue, it is hardware related. You best bet will be to find service options. Please contact support.

Have a great day!

1 reply

iPod nano 7 screen glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.