Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessibility dark screen

I’m working with the accessibility voice over. I haven’t had this problem previously. When I turn voice over in, the home screen is dark even when I push the home button. Black screen.

When I turn voice I’ve on, the home screen shows with the time and wallpaper.

I checked the brightness of the phone. It is up 100%.

Any trouble shooting you can help me?

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 6:13 PM

It sounds like the screen curtain feature has been turned on.

"To turn Screen Curtain on or off by gesture:

1. Wake your device.
  2. With three fingers, quickly triple-tap the screen. If the Zoom feature is in use with VoiceOver, tap the screen four times with three fingers.
  3. If you use a bluetooth keyboard with your device, press Control-Option-Shift-S to turn Screen Curtain on or off. "

You can read about the feature here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201443

-AJ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2019 6:13 PM in response to oohay

It sounds like the screen curtain feature has been turned on.

"To turn Screen Curtain on or off by gesture:

1. Wake your device.
  2. With three fingers, quickly triple-tap the screen. If the Zoom feature is in use with VoiceOver, tap the screen four times with three fingers.
  3. If you use a bluetooth keyboard with your device, press Control-Option-Shift-S to turn Screen Curtain on or off. "

You can read about the feature here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201443

-AJ

Accessibility dark screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.