Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does GarageBand automatically select all regions on a track?

When working in GarageBand, I noticed that often, all regions of a track will get automatically selected. This occurs when changing tracks by selecting them in the gray arrangement area on the left. For instance, going from your bass track to guitar. More often than not though, this just sets up inadvertent deletions. Last night, I lost some really good lead takes this way and didn't even notice because I was zoomed up on another area of the song. Unless the automatic one-click "all regions" selection has some kind useful purpose, I feel this feature should be removed, modified, or made a preference option since it seems to cause more problems than be useful.

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 5:27 PM

Ganyoon wrote:

When working in GarageBand, [...] all regions of a track will get automatically selected[...] by [clicking in the track header]

this has been a shortcut to selecting all regions in a track in GB for 15 years. so the bad news is that the odds of that changing are not very high

you can aways use the Feedback menuItem under the GB menu to plead your case to the developers, of course

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2019 5:27 PM in response to Ganyoon

Ganyoon wrote:

When working in GarageBand, [...] all regions of a track will get automatically selected[...] by [clicking in the track header]

this has been a shortcut to selecting all regions in a track in GB for 15 years. so the bad news is that the odds of that changing are not very high

you can aways use the Feedback menuItem under the GB menu to plead your case to the developers, of course

Why does GarageBand automatically select all regions on a track?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.