Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting backup

i'm not able to remove an old backup!! i keep selecting remove backup but it says that it can't do it rn!! how can i delete it?

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 7:23 AM

Hi there Paica01,

Thanks for posting. I see you're unable to delete an old iCloud backup. To double-check, are you using these exact steps? iCloud: Remove an iOS device backup from iCloud

Have you tried removing the backup on both a cellular data connection and Wi-Fi? Does one seem to work?

Does it help if you Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and try again?

If neither of the above helps, you might try using the steps in the link I posted above to see if you're able to remove the backup using a Mac, PC, or another iOS device to see if that clears things up.

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2019 7:23 AM in response to Paica01

Hi there Paica01,

Thanks for posting. I see you're unable to delete an old iCloud backup. To double-check, are you using these exact steps? iCloud: Remove an iOS device backup from iCloud

Have you tried removing the backup on both a cellular data connection and Wi-Fi? Does one seem to work?

Does it help if you Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and try again?

If neither of the above helps, you might try using the steps in the link I posted above to see if you're able to remove the backup using a Mac, PC, or another iOS device to see if that clears things up.

Kind regards.

deleting backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.