Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Developer Program License Agreement - Apple Maps Service Questions

Hi,

I am trying to determine if my use case violates ADPLA Attachment 6 (Apple Maps Service agreement).

My intended goal is for a user to enter a business name that they are nearby, they would then pick that business from a MapView near them. When they pick the location, I intend on storing the

MapView.centerCoordinate

along with the user entered business name locally on the device. Later on, the user would then upload this information (business name, lat / long) to a privately database. Reverse lookup will be executed server-side by users when they open the specified pieces of data.

According to ADPLA Attachment 6, it has the following point:

2.2 You will not use the Apple Maps Service in any manner that enables or permits bulk

downloads or feeds of the Map Data, or any portion thereof, or that in any way attempts to

extract, scrape or reutilize any portions of the Map Data. For example, neither You nor Your

Application may use or make available the Map Data, or any portion thereof, as part of any secondary or derived database.

Map Data is described as follows:

“Map Data” means any content, data or information provided through the Apple Maps Service

including, but not limited to, imagery, terrain data, latitude and longitude coordinates, transit data,

points of interest and traffic data.

1. I am wondering if my use case falls under a "derived database" if this is all user invoked?
  2. Although MapView.centerCoordinate is a part of MapKit, is centerCoordinate considered "Map Data" in ADPLA?

A similar discussion can be found here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7976603

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 12:49 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Apple Developer Program License Agreement - Apple Maps Service Questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.