Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Facebook, Google, and other apps will not install on iOS 10.3.3

My iPad is updated with iOS 10.3.3. There are no further updates. However, the new Facebook update and even Google will not even download, asking for an iOS of 11 or higher. What gives?

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 7:30 PM

You are stuck with whatever apps are compatible with iOS 10.3.3 and you cannot updates apps any farther.

Third party app developers can choose to support whatever iOS version they want to support.

iOS 10 is nearly a 3-year old iOS version and the last 32-bit app compatible version of iOS.

Your iPad is probably an iPad 4th generation and that model cannot upgrade beyond iOS 10.3.3.

Its internal hardware is too old, underpowered and incompatible with any of the newer iOS versions, now.

Developers are concentrating on the much newer 64-bit compatible iOS versions and apps, now.

Especially so with the all new and radically changed iOS 13 introduced today.

You are going to find now that third party app updates will be fewer and fewer over time.

This is now happening at a much faster rate, now.

I noticed I am now getting fewer app uodates on my 8-year old iPad 2nd generation.

This trend will continue for 6,7 and 8 year old iPads.

It is the same story for all older iPad users running iPads with iOS 9.3.5.

These older iPads days are numbered and the last compatible apps for these devices will be their last.

They still should just work, though.

Your older FB and Google apps should still continue to work.

Many older and final apps on these older iPads should all continue to work as they always have.

Best of Luck to You!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2019 7:30 PM in response to Litmus142857

You are stuck with whatever apps are compatible with iOS 10.3.3 and you cannot updates apps any farther.

Third party app developers can choose to support whatever iOS version they want to support.

iOS 10 is nearly a 3-year old iOS version and the last 32-bit app compatible version of iOS.

Your iPad is probably an iPad 4th generation and that model cannot upgrade beyond iOS 10.3.3.

Its internal hardware is too old, underpowered and incompatible with any of the newer iOS versions, now.

Developers are concentrating on the much newer 64-bit compatible iOS versions and apps, now.

Especially so with the all new and radically changed iOS 13 introduced today.

You are going to find now that third party app updates will be fewer and fewer over time.

This is now happening at a much faster rate, now.

I noticed I am now getting fewer app uodates on my 8-year old iPad 2nd generation.

This trend will continue for 6,7 and 8 year old iPads.

It is the same story for all older iPad users running iPads with iOS 9.3.5.

These older iPads days are numbered and the last compatible apps for these devices will be their last.

They still should just work, though.

Your older FB and Google apps should still continue to work.

Many older and final apps on these older iPads should all continue to work as they always have.

Best of Luck to You!

New Facebook, Google, and other apps will not install on iOS 10.3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.