Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life for Apple Watch

Any recommended troubleshooting for a sudden increase in an Apple Watch’s battery life? I have a 90 day old Apple Watch, and over the weekend the battery life dropped suddenly. Went from 16 hour life to a 6 hour. Had to charge twice today. Will see what happens with a charge over night, but concerned.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 12:02 AM

If you changed or installed something that might give you a clue. If the problem persists give the watch a forced reset to clear any confused software (press and hold the Digital Crown and side button together, about 10 seconds until the Apple Logo appears, then let it restart). If that doesn’t clear the problem Contact Support and get it checked while it is still in warranty

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2019 12:02 AM in response to discfrog12

If you changed or installed something that might give you a clue. If the problem persists give the watch a forced reset to clear any confused software (press and hold the Digital Crown and side button together, about 10 seconds until the Apple Logo appears, then let it restart). If that doesn’t clear the problem Contact Support and get it checked while it is still in warranty

Jun 4, 2019 2:29 PM in response to discfrog12

There was a day were my battery life dropped significantly by about 20% in 10 minutes and the next day I had only 20% with light use at the end of the day compared to usually 45%

letting the battery completely drain and then charging it up to 100% seemed to help me.

After this though I end the day with light use at around 30%.

I had my S4 since October last year.

Battery life for Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.