Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch heart notification not happening

I NEVER get my heart rate notifications, even though I followed all the steps from the support page, notifications are enabled in the Watch app and the Health app (and in iPhone settings), even though everything is on the latest update, even though the HR notification settings are lower than 50 or higher than 110... and most of my days show between 45 and 130! (and not during the night while in sleep mode). And no, those elevated HR don't happen while I'm active (sadly!).

I'll look at the watch, see my HR at 125... and I get nothing on the watch.

With my old Apple Watch (2nd gen) I would have the exact same problem, except sometimes I'd get the odd notification 30min or more after the fact. Not very useful.

I got this watch in December... and I don't think I got the notification once.

Those notifications are one of the main reasons I got the watch, since I have heart issues (not Afib, just often too high or too low, but not typical arrhythmia), among other health issues. Those notifications could help me a lot.

I'd be very grateful if anyone had the solution... thanks!

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 8:16 PM

For High/Low Heart Rate notifications you need to meet a few conditions.

1- You must have Apple Watch Series 1 or newer

2- You also must be inactive for 10 minutes (according to the Watch)

If we’re talking about Irregular Heart Rhythms, there are separate conditions

1- You have to be in a supported country (see here: https://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability/)

2- You have to have the latest version of watchOS and iOS

3- You must have Apple Watch Series 1 or newer

4- You must be 22 or older

If you meet all the conditions for Heart Rate notification, contact Apple Support.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2019 8:16 PM in response to Anniedan

For High/Low Heart Rate notifications you need to meet a few conditions.

1- You must have Apple Watch Series 1 or newer

2- You also must be inactive for 10 minutes (according to the Watch)

If we’re talking about Irregular Heart Rhythms, there are separate conditions

1- You have to be in a supported country (see here: https://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability/)

2- You have to have the latest version of watchOS and iOS

3- You must have Apple Watch Series 1 or newer

4- You must be 22 or older

If you meet all the conditions for Heart Rate notification, contact Apple Support.

Apple watch heart notification not happening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.