Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slowing pics down

I’m currently creating a graduation video with music and I’m having issues getting the pictures to slow down. A) how do I slow them down and B) how do I include a whole song and not just a small clip

MacBook

Posted on Jun 5, 2019 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2019 9:29 AM

Hi, Heath,

I assume that you have still images (photos) in your project time line that you want to slow down. With still images you slow down the presentation by increasing the duration of each photo. In your case you can select the photos as a group and then click on the information button (the little circle with an "i" in it) in the toolbar at the top right of your screen. A duration box will appear on the right where you can type in the duration that you want -- a longer duration to make things slower. After typing in the duration press the Return key on your keyboard to set the duration. All of the photos will then have the same duration You also can also do this individually with each photo if, for example, you wanted one photo to display longer than the others.

As for inserting a song, you can either drag it in to the timeline from your desktop, if that's where you have stored it, or you can click on the iTunes item in the Audio sidebar of an iMovie project and drag it in from the list of songs that is displayed.

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2019 9:29 AM in response to Heath620088834

Hi, Heath,

I assume that you have still images (photos) in your project time line that you want to slow down. With still images you slow down the presentation by increasing the duration of each photo. In your case you can select the photos as a group and then click on the information button (the little circle with an "i" in it) in the toolbar at the top right of your screen. A duration box will appear on the right where you can type in the duration that you want -- a longer duration to make things slower. After typing in the duration press the Return key on your keyboard to set the duration. All of the photos will then have the same duration You also can also do this individually with each photo if, for example, you wanted one photo to display longer than the others.

As for inserting a song, you can either drag it in to the timeline from your desktop, if that's where you have stored it, or you can click on the iTunes item in the Audio sidebar of an iMovie project and drag it in from the list of songs that is displayed.

-- Rich

Jun 6, 2019 9:20 AM in response to Heath620088834

Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Return to your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the issues are cured.

Also, it is possible that these malfunctions are confined to just this one project. Try doing an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy of the media in your project, and pasting it into a newly created project. Now see if it functions properly.

-- Rich

Slowing pics down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.