Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlocking device

I bought my iPad mini from a individual now it is saying that I have to have first password that set up the iPad, I don't have contact with gentleman that I bought it from. How can I get back into my iPad?

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 5, 2019 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2019 7:10 PM

You can't. If you bought a used iPad that is Activation Locked, you need the person who locked the iPad to remove the lock. Without their assistance, you have purchased a useless device. Either get the person who locked the device to remove the lock, or get your money back or recycle the iPad responsibly. Apple will NOT help you. We CANNOT help you.

NEVER purchase any iOS device you have not verified in person is not Activation Locked. Otherwise you'll own a paperweight in the shape of an iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2019 7:10 PM in response to myrafromtrafford

You can't. If you bought a used iPad that is Activation Locked, you need the person who locked the iPad to remove the lock. Without their assistance, you have purchased a useless device. Either get the person who locked the device to remove the lock, or get your money back or recycle the iPad responsibly. Apple will NOT help you. We CANNOT help you.

NEVER purchase any iOS device you have not verified in person is not Activation Locked. Otherwise you'll own a paperweight in the shape of an iPad.

unlocking device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.