Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone call claimed to be from Apple

I just got a call from someone claiming to be Apple warning me of suspicious activity on my account. Said I should call them back. Is this real or a scam?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 9:21 AM

From the article below.

If you get a suspicious phone call or voicemail

Scammers spoof phone numbers and use flattery and threats to pressure you into giving them information, money, and even iTunes gift cards. Always verify the caller's identity before you provide any personal information. If you get an unsolicited call from someone claiming to be from Apple, hang up and contact us directly.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2019 9:21 AM in response to Timmoshenko

From the article below.

If you get a suspicious phone call or voicemail

Scammers spoof phone numbers and use flattery and threats to pressure you into giving them information, money, and even iTunes gift cards. Always verify the caller's identity before you provide any personal information. If you get an unsolicited call from someone claiming to be from Apple, hang up and contact us directly.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Phone call claimed to be from Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.