Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 hacking

Browsing on Safari on iPad2-17. Received message I’d been hacked and had 2 minutes to buy a certain app or much of my data would disappear. I panicked and deleted all my safari links, turned off all my open apps and turned off the iPad. 10 minutes later I restarted the iPad and all seemed to be ok. All my apps and contacts were still there. Turned iPad off again and everything was Ok the next day. I contacted Malwarebytes which I have subscribed on my Windows machine. There was no option to run a screen on Apple gear. This was about a month ago and everything seems to be running fine. In my panic I failed to examine the threatening message or even the name of the app they wanted me to buy. The Malwarebytes rep said it appeared to be “scareware”,:but he couldn’t say for sure as I had little or no information to give him. I am however afraid to connect and sync my iPad to iTunes for fear there is lingering malware in my iPad. My fears are lessened a bit as my iPad had it’s IOS updated a few days ago.

Any thoughts?

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 4:32 PM

Such popup messages are scams from criminals. Ignore them.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

iPad 2 hacking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.