Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple Pay Cash Instant Transfer support Mastercard Debit cards?

Hi,

I have a balance on my Apple Pay Cash. I'm trying to transfer funds to my bank account using Instant Transfer via the debit card option (since the bank account method takes 1-3 days). I have a Suntrust Mastercard debit card. This card has already been added to my wallet.

However, when I select that option, I receive a prompt with two additional options:

1. Add debit card
  2. Add debit card later

If I select option 2, it takes me back to the main screen.

If I select option 1, a screen pops up to add my debit card. I proceed to add my Mastercard debit card details, only to receive the message "This card is already in your wallet."

I have tried deleting my Mastercard debit card and re-adding it when that prompt pops up, only to be taken back to the main screen and repeat the above cycle.

I've searched Apple communities and other resources online. There is no mention of whether Apple Pay Cash instant transfer supports Mastercard debit cards one way or another.

Can we get an answer on this?

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 2:32 PM

No, instant transfer only works with Visa debit cards. Transfer money from Apple Cash to your debit card or bank account - Apple Support

1 reply

Does Apple Pay Cash Instant Transfer support Mastercard Debit cards?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.