Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV in Mexico

Should I wait to buy the Apple TV box in Mexico where I will be living 1/2 the year? Will I be able to see the same shows in english if I were to use it in the USA?

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 11:59 PM

The Apple TV box is the same worldwide. It is the accounts and settings that make the (regional) differences.

You will not be able to have the same experience for all types of use in another country.

Apple’s iTunes Store content mainly relies on the region as set for your Apple ID (and payment method), not so much on physical location.

Third party content providers do check the physical location (by IP address), and may cut off service outside their base region (e.g. US TV networks), or offer slightly different content (e.g. Netflix).

If you decide to change your Apple ID region, then the content iTunes Store will be different (languages, local content) and you may loose access to content from the previous Store region, including past purchases.

If you decide to keep your Apple ID region as-is, then local apps and local content will be inaccessible.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2019 11:59 PM in response to jschaefer01

The Apple TV box is the same worldwide. It is the accounts and settings that make the (regional) differences.

You will not be able to have the same experience for all types of use in another country.

Apple’s iTunes Store content mainly relies on the region as set for your Apple ID (and payment method), not so much on physical location.

Third party content providers do check the physical location (by IP address), and may cut off service outside their base region (e.g. US TV networks), or offer slightly different content (e.g. Netflix).

If you decide to change your Apple ID region, then the content iTunes Store will be different (languages, local content) and you may loose access to content from the previous Store region, including past purchases.

If you decide to keep your Apple ID region as-is, then local apps and local content will be inaccessible.

Apple TV in Mexico

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.