Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect iPad to iMac

When i try to connect my 2019 iPad Mini to my 2018 iMac i get the notice that i do not have permission. I go thru all the motions of 'trusting the computer' and it still says I don't have permission. Any suggestions?

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 1:31 PM

Hey there, Roy!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that when connecting your iPad to your iMac, it isn't working. You select to trust your computer as requested but it still doesn't seem to recognize the iPad. I'm happy to help!

First, check out the information in the Apple Support article About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, then work through the "Get help" section.

If you need additional assistance, the steps in If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support may also provide help.

Should the issue continue after that, please get in touch with Apple Support directly, which you can do here: Contact Apple Support.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2019 1:31 PM in response to Roysphere

Hey there, Roy!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that when connecting your iPad to your iMac, it isn't working. You select to trust your computer as requested but it still doesn't seem to recognize the iPad. I'm happy to help!

First, check out the information in the Apple Support article About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, then work through the "Get help" section.

If you need additional assistance, the steps in If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support may also provide help.

Should the issue continue after that, please get in touch with Apple Support directly, which you can do here: Contact Apple Support.

Cheers.

Connect iPad to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.