Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you lock individual cells in Numbers or can you only lock the whole table. how do you stop someone from tabulating the curser past the last one and unwantingly add another cello

can you lock individual cells in numbers or can you only lock the whole table. how do you stop someone from tabulating the curser past the last one and unwantingly add another cell

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 11:36 PM

Hi Christine,

You can lock a whole table, but not part of a table. One way is to have an input table that is not locked, and a results table that is locked.

That stops accidental overwriting of the formulas, or other accidental changes to the results table (such as the tab key inserting another column).

It won't stop someone from deliberately unlocking the table to do mischief.

Regards,

Ian.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2019 11:36 PM in response to christinefromthornlie

Hi Christine,

You can lock a whole table, but not part of a table. One way is to have an input table that is not locked, and a results table that is locked.

That stops accidental overwriting of the formulas, or other accidental changes to the results table (such as the tab key inserting another column).

It won't stop someone from deliberately unlocking the table to do mischief.

Regards,

Ian.

Jun 8, 2019 2:40 AM in response to Yellowbox

thank you. I'm new to this spreadsheet as I have been using & creating templates on AppleWorks on an old computer for a long time now but need to upgrade spreadsheets for our small manufactory business Factory cutting sheets.. will try to work it out. hopefully will do. . maybe i'll be back to find out how to to what you said to do, butThanks again

can you lock individual cells in Numbers or can you only lock the whole table. how do you stop someone from tabulating the curser past the last one and unwantingly add another cello

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.