Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where have all my bought movies gone now that the appletv app has appeared

i have just updated the ios on my ipad. (I wish I hadnt now). i now have appletv app instead of video app. I had 52 movies that I had bought through itunes and only 6 are on it. (the other 47 in icloud are still showing on my iphone but not on here). so what do I if I want to download those icloud ones that arent showing on to my Ipad? How will I get to them? I hope they will be leaving the music app as is, I dont want that one advertised where you have to pay every mth. Hope someone can help me. Thanks 😊

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 1:16 AM

iCloud is for your device backups (and things such as contacts, calendars etc.), it's not related to redownloading, streaming, or buying content from the iTunes store.

Are you logged into the account in Settings > iTunes & App Store that bought the films ? Are the versions of the films that you bought still available in your country's store ? Have you moved countries since buying them or have you hidden them ? Do they show for redownloading : Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support ?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2019 1:16 AM in response to pw74

iCloud is for your device backups (and things such as contacts, calendars etc.), it's not related to redownloading, streaming, or buying content from the iTunes store.

Are you logged into the account in Settings > iTunes & App Store that bought the films ? Are the versions of the films that you bought still available in your country's store ? Have you moved countries since buying them or have you hidden them ? Do they show for redownloading : Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support ?

Jun 8, 2019 1:23 AM in response to pw74

The TV app has been part of iOS for many countries since iOS 10.

Tap the name Library at the top left to and tap each category to find your content.

Make sure you have set up iCloud in the iOS Settings app.

The new Music app still works as it always did, but within the Music is the paid subscription section Apple Music service.

You do not need to use this portion of the new Music app.

All of your other music content will still be intact within the new Music app.

Jun 11, 2019 9:14 PM in response to MichelPM

Im in New Zealand, and it only changed over when the announcement was made the other day. How do I set up icloud in the ios settings loke you suggested? I went to settings, icloud, and that isnt there, only apps. If Im in settings and scroll down to tv, it just says notifications, itunes videos (which when clicked says playback quality, purchases and rentals HD or SD, and home sharing) and use play history. The old version use to let you show the icloud movies didnt it? When I opened the app I opened library which was at the bottom, and tried all the options down the left like you said. Movies, downloaded, action & adventure comedy, drama etc. still only the 6 came up. So it has me beat. I see the photo hasnt even posted to the bottom of the comment haha

Jun 12, 2019 12:06 AM in response to MichelPM

I have my icloud set up. The top left of my screen when highlighted has my name, under that says apple id, cloud, itunes & apple store. So when I click that it comes up with my apple id. Which then has all the following belowing it: my name etc, password & security, payment & delivery, icloud, itunes & app store, share my location, set up family sharing. Then below that all the devices I have with my icloud. I dont get what you mean about setting up icloud, itunes, and ios app stores. Do I just go to my Itunes and App Store? Its not under apps using icloud. As for playing it. When I first open mine it has along the bottom of the pg “watch now, library, and search” just like the photo I previously showed. The “watch now” brings up what was previously the Store in the old version where you buy movies and tv programmes. I looked on my iphone, and this is what the “videos” would show under settings. Lets you select if you want to show itunes purchases. The second picture is my ipad of the TV setting. Not much of a selection. Sorry to rave on, but this is really annoying ☹️

Jun 11, 2019 11:10 PM in response to pw74

In Settings app, you set up iCloud, iTunes and iOS App Stores by tapping your name up at the very top of the Settings list.

I am using an older version of the TV app, but should still be the same.

In my version of the TV app, when I first open the TV app, in the upper left corner ,it says Library with a downfacining arrow next to it.

I tap the word Library and there should be 4 categories to tap on.

Recently Added, Movies, TV Shows, Home Videos.

Check under each of those categories.

What happens if you try and tap on the word library?

Jun 12, 2019 2:22 AM in response to King_Penguin

Hi King_Penguin. I still use the same apple id, and am still living in the same country as where I purchased them. They still work as I have one of the movies on my iphone that isnt on the ipad. I went to the link you supplied, and clicked account, and purchase history. Unfortunately that didnt give me all of my purchases, only ones going back to the last 90 days. Gee I just found them! I clicked the itunes store app, it had the big down arrow symbol thing as your link shows (purchased). Then music and movies up the top. When I clicked movies they all showed. Sorry for all the fuss guys, I feel like such an idiot 🙄🤭

Where have all my bought movies gone now that the appletv app has appeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.