Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access files from a Fusion drive to an SSD that is now my boot drive?

My late 2014 iMac running Mojave on a 3 TB Fusion drive has been very slow to boot or open some apps (Word can take a minute). So I bought an SSD, installed Mojave on it, and use it to boot. An amazing difference (look at the attached comparison).

I'd like to be able to open the documents or files on my Fusion Drive with the apps now installed on my SSD (Office, Pages, Numbers, iTunes music, Photos, etc.). The SSD isn't that big, 512 GB. How can I do this?

TIA...

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 8:34 AM

I'm sorry but maybe I'm not understanding your question.

Open the app, for example Word, select file open from the menu bar and navigate to the Word document you want to open. Click on the file. What did I not understand in your question?

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 9, 2019 9:59 PM in response to Bob Grip

You shouldn't have slow boots with a Fusion Drive, that is the point of a Fusion Drive. Did you investigate the issue and try to fix it to determine if it was a software issue or a hardware issue with the Fusion Drive?

Make sure to have good verified working backups of your new SSD and your old Fusion Drive just in case.

How do I access files from a Fusion drive to an SSD that is now my boot drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.