Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote help

Where does keynote store sound files used in presentations? There's an MP3 in one of my presentations that I want to edit but I can't find the actual file.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 7:13 AM

If the file is placed on a slide;

click the sound file to select, then go to Inspector > Format > Audio and drag the file to the desktop, Edit the file then delete the initial file on the slide and replace with the edited file.

If the file is placed in Soundtrack;

go to File > Advanced > Change File Type > select Package, then Save

Right click the Keynote file and select - Show Package Contents

in the Finder window that opens, click on Data then drag the sound file to the desktop

Edit the sound file and save ensuring you use exactly the same name used in the original

In Keynote, select the sound file in SoundTrack then press the backspace key to remove it

Add the edited sound file to Keynote and save

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2019 7:13 AM in response to HRPHILIPPINES

If the file is placed on a slide;

click the sound file to select, then go to Inspector > Format > Audio and drag the file to the desktop, Edit the file then delete the initial file on the slide and replace with the edited file.

If the file is placed in Soundtrack;

go to File > Advanced > Change File Type > select Package, then Save

Right click the Keynote file and select - Show Package Contents

in the Finder window that opens, click on Data then drag the sound file to the desktop

Edit the sound file and save ensuring you use exactly the same name used in the original

In Keynote, select the sound file in SoundTrack then press the backspace key to remove it

Add the edited sound file to Keynote and save

Keynote help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.