Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my watch rings when I get a text and my phone does not

I just got an Apple Watch and for some reason, my watch rings when I get a text and my phone does not. How do I make both of them ring?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 10:16 AM

How notifications behave depends on the status of your devices and your settings. With Wrist Detection enabled, in order to bring notifications to your attention as soon as possible:

• If your iPhone is unlocked, you will receive notifications on your iPhone instead of on your watch.
  • If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch screen is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, you will receive notifications on your watch.
  • If your watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, notifications will go to your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2019 10:16 AM in response to liad177

How notifications behave depends on the status of your devices and your settings. With Wrist Detection enabled, in order to bring notifications to your attention as soon as possible:

• If your iPhone is unlocked, you will receive notifications on your iPhone instead of on your watch.
  • If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch screen is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, you will receive notifications on your watch.
  • If your watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, notifications will go to your iPhone.

my watch rings when I get a text and my phone does not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.